Friday, May 29, 2009

Souq Khan Murjan





Wafi City has always been one of my favourite malls in Dubai and I have covered a musical event at the mall earlier (click here) A recent addition to Wafi City is the new Souq Khan Murjan


I was at the mall last weekend and had the opportunity to visit the souq. Its another world as you step out from Dubai's modern glitzy mall and into a magical and authentic souq.
The souq is made up of various quarters including Moroccan, Syrian, Egyptian and turkish quarters each offering its own traditional ware including gem stones, rugs and carpets and beautifully carved furniture. The souq is made up of several alleys and passageways and its very easy to get lost around the place and live a truly arabian experience.






6 comments:

Arab Damsel in Distress said...

I would hardly call it 'authentic', but I am glad they are trying to incorporate a more local 'taste' to people's shopping experience.
Generic malls with shiny marble floors and typical indoor fountains are so cliche now.

Great photos by the way!

Anonymous said...

I like your pictures very much. Thanks for sharing them here.

Dubai Photo Story said...

theBluesman: Thanks for dropping by

ADID: Very intereseting comment there.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I got three columns on my blog by following the instructions posted here - http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2007/07/create-three-column-blogger-template.html

Someone in Al Ain said...

just came across your blog, what a wonderful pictures you have !!

i really enjoyed looking at them :)
all the best

Dubai Photo Story said...

Hey SIAA,

Thanks for dropping by and thanks for the compliments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...