Thursday, September 18, 2008

The fine art of parking a la Dubai




I don't claim to have traveled all cities across the world but of the 8 - 10 cities that I've had the privilege to visit, none have stooped down to such depths as Dubai. I make this statement in context of the ways residents park their cars out here.

Look at the pic above as an example. This gentleman (???) has chosen to park right over the footpath with scant respect for the pedestrians or the laws. I am at times infuriated just looking at the carelessness of these drivers. And these kind of incidents are becoming more and more common every other day.

Have you also experienced such nonsense?

3 comments:

Susan said...

I have lived in Dubai and now Abu Dhabi. I think Abu Dhabi might have Dubai beat when it comes to inane parking jobs! Lovely shot, btw.

Abid said...

Indian Subcontinent drivers. (and I am not being racist because I have subcontinental ancestry :p)

Uma por Dia said...

Here it happens everyday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...